Junior Software EngineerApply Now
Wed Mar 30 2022
Junior Software Engineer
PlayerLands is looking for a Junior Software Engineer with a passion for Computer Games to contribute to the development and support of the PlayerLands System. If you have development experience or are keen to learn, we’re interested in hearing from you!
PlayerLands is a venture capital-backed shopping platform designed from the ground up for video games. It lets developers and PC game server-owners set up secure, good-looking, user-friendly stores that sell in-game items to players.
We are looking for a great software engineer - looking for an exciting opportunity in the games industry - who’s looking to grow and develop their own skill set alongside the PlayerLands platform. You’ll be working with a close knit team of colleagues and a culture fit will be equally as important as technical skills.
● Development and bug fixes of new features for the PlayerLands platform
● Development of Templates for the PlayerLands platform
● Research and development of new arising opportunities in the game development space
● Influence design and help drive the development of the system by utilizing and communicating customer feedback
● Document the existing system for technical support documentation on the PlayerLands Website
● Answering support questions from server owners as well as managing expectations of the customer for resolutions and future development
● Help support the development team by on-going testing in both internal and external systems, including the website and in-game delivery systems
● Experience with Document Databases, ideally MongoDB
● Experience using front end web frameworks such as Vue/React/Angular would be beneficial
● Experience using Kubernetes and AWS Technologies would be a plus
● Experience in game development - including personal/university/educational experience - would be good to know about
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Self-starter with the ability to manage their own time and requirements
● Problem solving skills
● Previous experience with Minecraft - especially the running of the servers, or being involved in the plugin community - would be beneficial
● Experience with Java/Kotlin would be a nice to have for plugin development
● Ideally 1-2 years of experience, but if you fit the skill set we’d be interested in talking to you
You may be required to work outside of these hours from time to time to answer critical support